Healthy chicken stir fry. This healthy chicken stir fry recipe is a take-off of history's popular Asian chicken stir fry. When it comes to a stir fry, I'm picky. I like my veggies crisp and thick not overly salty sauce covering each piece of chicken.
This healthy chicken stir-fry is cooked fast, leaving the broccoli with a crunch. Put the brown rice on to boil while you prep the remaining ingredients and you can have this meal on the table in about half an hour. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Now, you should have Healthy chicken stir fry using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy chicken stir fry
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 of onion quartered and julienned.
- Prepare 3 cup of broccoli, steamed.
- It's 2 clove of garlic thinly sliced.
- It's 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of about 1/8 teaspoon ginger.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of 5 spice.
- It's 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 6 of sliced button mushrooms (fresh).
- Prepare of sauce (I know a cranberry based sauce sounds kind of odd but trust me it's really good and goes well with the other ingredients.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 dash of ginger.
- You need 1 dash of black pepper.
- It's 1 small of dash cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of 5 spice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flake.
- You need 1 of about 1 1/2 cup water...or as needed.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. This Homemade Healthy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe can be made in Minutes with a good Wok and some easy to find ingredients. If you are looking ofr healthy. This healthy chicken stir-fry recipe is delicious and super easy to make!
Healthy chicken stir fry instructions
- Prepare all ingredients first. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Steam broccoli. Prepare sauce, direction follows.
- Add about 2 TBS olive oil to saute pan and heat. When hot, but not smoking, add half of the onion and garlic and cook about a minute. Keep a close eye on this it will burn if you don't stir it..
- Add chicken to onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, till chicken is cooked completely..
- While this is cooking add a sprinkle of ginger, 5 spice, and garlic powder. A couple of pinches of ginger and 5 spice in this should be good. A little goes a long way!.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from pan into a bowl. The pan is still very hot!. With the pan off of the heat for a minute add about 1-2 TBS olive oil. Place pan back on heat and add cabbage, other half of onion, and mushrooms..
- Stir coating all vegetables with oil and cook about 5-7 minutes. You want the cabbage to still be crisp. Add garlic powder, pinch of ginger, couple pinches 5 spice, and some red pepper flake if you like. (Adds a nice little back heat :-) ).
- When this is finished mix with chicken and add broccoli. Add sauce you made previously :-).
- To prepare sauce............ put all ingredients for sauce in small pan. Cook on medium about 30-45 minutes until cranberries are soft. With a wisk stir and mash the sauce while it cooks. It will resemble jelly when it's done. It should not be as thick. While adding sauce to chicken mixture put through a sieve so it'll be smooth. Mix all together, serve with rice..
Skip the MSG and other additives that you might get if you ordered take-out and instead pick your favorite fresh veggies and make this simple homemade sauce that pleases the whole family. If you are looking for quick and easy weeknight dinners, and I mean, who isn't? Stir fry dinners are the way to go. Extremely delicious and better than takeout, healthy stir fry sesame chicken recipe using a mix of veggies, chicken, sauce and sesame seeds. However, I didn't want to add an extra layer of flour or fry the chicken, so I made this 'Stir Fry Sesame Chicken' version which is healthy and made much.